Friday, April 1, 2011

Hark Twain Once

A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's CourtA Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court by Mark Twain

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Well. Going from Chesterton to Twain? Not exactly the smoothest of segues, kinda like skateboarding when you see a pretty girl and (therefore) not the curb.

I forgot how judgmental Mr. Clemens tends to be. I knew I wasn't going to be all that fond of this particular book of his, what with me being all romantic-ish and whatnot, but I thought it would be enjoyable, not like a poorly presented sermon. And don't get me wrong--it had some hilarious spots, as it is Twain--just not enough to justify it in my mind. I would recommend reading it once, but not twice, and perhaps--dare I say it?--as if you want to say "current" with a clear conscience, but you already know that the quiz doesn't include this particular selection.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Wodehousian Fun