Saturday, February 21, 2009

Masquerade

We Muscovites just had our Masquerade, and it was epic. About a lot of people were there, but the ratio of guys to girls was almost even, so we didn't have the usual horde of girls off to the side, though there were a few. The grand march was exhausting: fifteen minutes or so of sprinting, whirling, being the end of the whip that's cracked, sprinting between two lines of people not more than a foot away, and they're sprinting the opposite way. I haven't yet heard of any injuries save a stomped foot, but wow. We reformed people can dance, and that right crazily. We've got pictures of people being tossed a full three feet in the air, and I would love to see a video of the Postie's Jig: it was insane. The Spanish Waltz was great fun, but I'm actually starting to get the hang of the faster ones, and am starting to like them just as much. All in all, it was a great four hours of real dancing, and I cannot wait for the next one.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Indeed... through most of the grand march I was sure I was going to die. Definitely a memorable one. Wootulus!

Bobbi Martens said...

The grand march was closer to 30 minutes. It's no wonder I was shaky when we were done with that, and still have sore calves today. But what a way to be sore! Why haven't I gone to more dances in my life?!

Wodehousian Fun