Friday, February 18, 2011

Answers in an Hour,

if you went to public school.

Why the End is Not NearWhy the End is Not Near by Duane Garner

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Well, I was greatly torn between giving a three and a four star review. For its intended audience, this book is excellent. If you have questions, this book will not be the one to answer them. If you are debating the exact meaning of a particular verse, this book will be of absolutely no use. If, however, you are looking for a brief summary of the general views of dispensational premillennialism over and against other views, this is a magnificent book.



Not only is it quite good for what it is, but the reason it got a four-star review from me is that it introduced two new arguments to me, which was delightful. It also had numerous commonplaces, which I thoroughly enjoyed. To top that off, it took me a total of fifteen minutes to read, and the new arguments were very simple and practical.



So, a very worthwhile read: quite enjoyable, informative and intelligently written.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Wodehousian Fun