Thursday, May 22, 2008

Prince Caspian: Movie Review

I can think of no person alive on this earth who has heard me cuss. Prince Caspian was absolute shit.

I raged, I fumed, I cried, I begged, and all to no avail.

There was no reason to make High King Peter the Magnificent into a sniveling little angst filled twit; there was no reason to make Queen Susan into Xena, Warrior Princess; there was no reason to remove God from the story until the very end (nice little deists, aren't we?); there was no reason to make Caspian twenty instead of twelve; there was no reason to attack Miraz' castle; there was no reason to skip the school and town scenes; there was absolutely no reason to make Susan and Caspian fall in love--that made me feel ill; give Glory to God, there was no reason to make this abomination of a movie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you'll be sad to know that certain nephews will be seeing the movie.
But you'll be happy to know that Sam and Anthony are required to actually read the book FIRST.

Anonymous said...

Queen Susan was Awesome! I think I'm in love...

Wodehousian Fun