Saturday, February 2, 2008

Rhetoric Paper

My Rhetoric paper will be somewhat touchy. I am writing to a hostile audience, and a very emotionally involved hostile audience.

My Propositio (thesis) is that God is in direct control of every bad thing that has ever happened to you. I am writing to those Christians who are orthodox but do not believe this.

Most of my arguments will be Scriptural, but the brunt of the paper will probably be in defining the issue. My hope is to define all opposition right into a corner, where they agree that God is omnipotent and omnibenevolent, but disagree that He is other than a squishy Santa in the sky (where'd we get North Pole?). Then comes Scripture, which you have to either deny, redefine, or submit to.

We shall see how it goes.

I'm off to read poetry, though I may have a few more posts this week.

Blessings,
Jesse Broussard

No comments:

Wodehousian Fun